Ah 2020. Here you are. The best sounding year we’ve had since 2012 right? Or am I just being weird even thinking about that?
I’ve never really been a fan of resolutions as I’m the kinda person who does things whenever they want, whether it’s in January or July. But I still like the idea of a fresh start and a clean slate so I thought I’d set some goals for myself this year.
1. Read 10 books. Yes, you read that right. Katy’s actually going to read. I’ve written a list and everything so I’m looking forward to putting some time aside each week to get away from a screen and enjoy a good old book. First up: Everything I Know About Love by Dolly Alderton.
2. In the past, I’ve not done a great job of looking after my skin and that’s just down to pure laziness. Being a part of the Dermalogica Skinfluencer programme, I should definitely be taking better care of my skin and that’s exactly what I’m going to do from now on which means cleansing properly every single night!
3. Learn to cook proper meals. You know like chilli con carne and all that good stuff.
4. This year I’ll ~ hopefully ~ be completing a CIM Level 6 Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing (oooooooooh) which I’m currently doing through work. I don’t really talk about my job on here but I work as a Marketing Manager for a software company so I’m really pleased that this qualification will add another string to my bow!
5. Spend less on food because I literally spend half of my disposable income each month on beer and kebabs and although they taste good, I’d rather have a Strathberry bag.
6. Host regular themed nights at our house. I’m talking Mexican, sushi, board games, Harry Potter, films, true crime documentaries, pamper, you get the idea..
7. Take more photos for my scrapbook and get up to date with it. I think the last page I did was from 2016 so I’ve got quite a bit of catching up to do!
8. Get out the house, explore more of Kent and try a new activity or day out every month.
9. I have tonnes and tonnes of makeup stashed away so it seems ridiculous that whenever I run out of my everyday products, I go and buy new ones instead of using up what I already have. So this year, my goal is to get as far as possible with my current collection without the need to buy new products.
10. A few years back, I freelanced as a Social Media Manager for a bit of extra cash to aid the beginnings of my official marketing career. I packed it in after a while so I could concentrate on my actual job but now I’ve got that craving to pick it up again. I feel so passionately about some of the local businesses I want to freelance for and I’ve learnt a hell of a lot since I last did it so why not eh? Except this time, I’m hoping to freelance on more of a Marketing Consultant basis with strategy being at the forefront of my mind.
11. Get into gardening and dedicate some time each week to it. I even wanna grow my own herb garden – now THAT is adulting.
12. See more of the UK and visit some big cities like Liverpool and Manchester.
13. So yanno I quit smoking? Well it sort of ended after six months as I fell into social smoking after a stressful week and yeah.. So in 2020 I’d like to quit again and stay quit!
14. I’ve always been so good when it comes to saving but it’s completely gone down the shitter over Christmas so one of my biggest goals for this year is to get into the swing of saving again.
15. Cut down my meat and dairy intake because mateeee have you seen Cowspiracy and What The Health?
16. Bit of an odd one but I’d really like to start self defence lessons.
17. Get back into exercising regularly a few days a week like I used to whether that’s going to the gym, swimming, walking or doing home workouts.
18. Publish one blog post each week.
19. I went to my first rugby match at Twickenham a couple of weeks ago and I’ve definitely got a taste for it now. Rugby is my favourite sport to watch so I’d love to go to as many games as I can (budget providing).
20. I’ve got to the point where I’m cutting the deadwood from my life and this year, I want to make sure I only invest time in things or people that truly make me happy.
Do you have any goals for this year?