Self-isolating is not the one is it? Whether you’re working from home or just stuck staring at the four walls of your bedroom, it’s boring. A lack of human contact and fresh air can seriously do some damage with cabin fever and it’s all too easy to end up going insane. I’m only a week into working from home and I tell you what, I don’t know how people do it! Even this weekend has been a struggle so I’ve decided to put together a big old list of things to do in isolation to keep you entertained!
FEATURED: ASOS T-SHIRT, PRIMARK NECKLACES
1. Have a proper pamper every few days and look after your skin.
2. Get involved with your local community and offer to speak to the elderly on the phone to keep them company.
3. Go for a walk – fresh air will do you good!
4. Read that book you’ve always said you’ll read.
5. Marie Kondo the shit out of your house – kitchen cupboards, wardrobes, bathroom cabinets, the lot!
6. Start a new hobby like knitting.
7. Get creative with a scrapbook or colouring books.
8. Clean or polish allllllllllllll your shoes.
9. Have a crack at some DIY – try up-cycling some old furniture or put up that shelf you always go on about.
10. Clear out your clothes and take photos ready to list them on Depop (I don’t think anyone’s interested in buying clothes just yet).
11. Write a travel bucket list.
12. Start running while you can’t go to the gym.
13. FaceTime your family if you can’t see them.
14. Bookmark your favourite blogs and catch up on all the posts you’ve missed.
15. Crank the music up and have a dance!
16. Learn to cook something new.
17. Create a budget spreadsheet so you can track your finances and savings.
18. Cancel any direct debits you’re not using anymore.
19. Netflix and chill – let me know your recommendations!
20. Try a new Instagram editing style in time for the new season.
21. Clear out your drawer of shit (everyone has one so don’t kid yourself).
22. Have a Harry Potter or Marvel marathon.
23. Avoid spending all your time on screens and play some board games or do a jigsaw puzzle.
24. Re-jig the furniture or decor in your house/bedroom and try something new.
25. Find some yoga workouts on YouTube to keep active.
26. Wash your makeup brushes (a shitty job, I know).
27. Give yourself a mani-pedi.
28. Tick off all those jobs that have been sat on your to do list for months (I need to make labels for my kilner jars and clear out the shed).
29. Create some prints using Photoshop or Canva for you to frame.
30. Learn a new language on Duo Lingo.
31. Clean your car, inside and out.
32. Schedule some content and write some relatable blog posts.
34. Bag up all your coppers ready to deposit into your account when this all blows over.
35. Start an online course (edX, Digital Garage, Skillshare, Hubspot Academy).
Do you have any suggestions for things to do in isolation?